echo3education Website Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy describes the terms between you and us under which you are allowed to access our website www.safetycourses.us (our website). This acceptable use policy applies to all visitors to and users of our website.
www.echo-3.co.uk is a site operated by Echo3 Education Limited (we or us). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC543210 and we have our registered office at echo3 education Limited, 2/7 Loaning Mills, Edinburgh, EH7 6LL which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 263 1385 12.
PROHIBITED USES OF OUR WEBSITE
You may use our website for lawful purposes only. You are not permitted to use our website:
- In any way that is in breach of any applicable national, international or local law or regulation.
- In any way that is fraudulent or unlawful, or has any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unauthorised or unsolicited promotional material or advertising or any other form of similar solicitation (commonly known as ‘spam’).
- To knowingly receive, send, download, upload, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards of content which are set out further in this acceptable use policy.
- For the purpose of attempting to harm or harming any minors in any way.
- To knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code which is designed to adversely affect the correct operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not (without authority) to access, interfere with, disrupt or damage:
- any section or part of our website;
- any network or equipment on which our website is stored;
- any software which is used in the provision of our website; or
- any network or software or equipment which is owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide services which are interactive on our website, which may include, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- E-learning courses (interactive services).
Where we provide any type of interactive service, we will also provide you with clear information to you setting out the kind of service offered, whether it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (such as, for example whether it is technical or human).
We will make our best efforts to consider and assess any possible risks that exist for users (and in particular, for minors) from third parties when they use any of the interactive services which are provided on our website, and we will consider in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation it is appropriate to use) taking account of those risks. However, we are not under any obligation to monitor, oversee or moderate any particular interactive service which we provide on our website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any damage or loss which arises from the use of any particular interactive service by a user which is in contravention of our standards of content, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of our services which are interactive by any child is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their online safety, as moderation is not fool-proof. Children who use any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a way of contacting the moderator, should any particular concern or difficulty arise.
STANDARDS OF CONTENT
These standards of content apply to all and any material which you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services which are associated with it. You must ensure that you comply with the spirit and the letter of the standards, which are set out below. The standards apply to the whole of each contribution as well as any part.
- Ensure that they are accurate (where they include facts).
- Ensure that they are genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in the UK together with any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is in any way defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is offensive, hateful, inflammatory or obscene.
- Promote or encourage sexually explicit material.
- Promote or encourage violence.
- Promote or encourage discrimination based on sex, race, nationality, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Infringe any database right, trade mark of any other person or copyright.
- Be likely to deceive anybody.
- Be made in breach of any duty owed to a third party, including but not limited to a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any activity which is illegal.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another person’s privacy, or cause distress, annoyance, or inconvenience.
- Be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, annoy or alarm any other person.
- Be used to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to impersonate any other person.
- Give the impression (if this is not the case) that they emanate from us.
- Promote, advocate or assist any unlawful act such as (for example only) computer misuse or copyright infringement.
SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION
- Immediate withdrawal of your right to use our website (whether temporary or permanent).
- Immediate removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website (temporarily or permanently).
- Issue of a warning to you about your conduct.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs we have incurred on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, legal costs and reasonable administrative costs) which result from the breach.
- Further legal action may be taken against you.
- Disclosure of any such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is appropriate and necessary.
We exclude all liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses set out in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem to be appropriate depending on the particular situation.
VARIATION OF THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may vary this acceptable use policy at any time by making amendments to this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take note of any changes we make, as such changes are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions which are contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices which are published elsewhere on our website.